Friday, February 24, 2012

Our end in Iowa City

Bittersweet but not really.  Winter here is beautiful but it is also cold.  You can sometimes live with the cold with heaters, coats, and mittens but I will definitely miss the beauty of a fresh coat of snow lightly powdering the yard of our first house.  I will miss the sun shining through snow covered branches. But mostly, I will miss trudging through it hearing the crunching under my snow boots. 

I went around the house this morning snapping pictures of our possible last snow fall in Iowa with my 50 mm f/1.8 lens that I rarely get to use and here are some of the photos.  This lens takes amazing photos that pinpoints the focus at times leaving you with a beautiful blurred background and sometimes foreground.

Narrow focus 

Sun peeking through

Snowy branches

Solar lights

These tree saplings always remind me of dancing garden eels at the aquarium

Our overgrown fire pit 

Browning yard foliage

Always a good picture

This reminds me of movement

Wela was looking for me and found me

Lonely twig on our snow covered deck

There is still life in there

Snow laden branch
Striking contrast

Our adventure here in Iowa City is slowly coming to an end.  Wela and I have made amazing memories here and it will be hard to move away from what we have known for the past four years here together.  We are eager to start making new memories and having other great adventures.

Here's to you Iowa City.

No comments:

Post a Comment